At JillFit and Metabolic Effect, we are not big fans of crash diets. We believe that in order to live a sustainable Fat Loss Lifestyle, the black-and-white thinking about food and exercise needs to go. Everyone is different–unique metabolisms, personal preferences, individual sensitivities and fat loss formulas.
At ME, we talk about using biofeedback tools like hunger, cravings and energy fluctuations as clues into your unique metabolism, in order to CREATE the exact right plan for you. In other words, you are a detective gathering data about what works and what doesn’t, all in an effort to master your own fat loss journey.
This process takes practice, insight and above all, patience. We say that “fat loss is a process, not a protocol.”
There is power in seeing results quickly, however.
When we experience big results in the first couple weeks of a new nutrition and/or training plan, it motivates us to keep going.
There is power in doing a “fat loss jump start.” It motivates, it feels great to lose more quickly, and it is a nice affirmation of your effort.
The only way it successfully becomes part of the greater fat loss journey is when it leads to a more sustainable plan for maintenance.
Is it possible?
We think so.
However, it does not come in the form of a crash diet, a detox or “cleanse.” It comes in the form of tight, clean nutrition for a specific amount of time (such as 4 weeks max) followed by a transition into a less strict, more “lifestyle” plan. The idea is to avoid the gain-it-all-back scenario by implementing sustainable practices that can be, well, practiced for long-term success.
4 week fat loss jump start + successful transition into sustainable practices = fast fat loss + maintenance
How do you know if you should do a 4 week jump start? Here are some clues:
- You want to see results quickly, and are willing to do put in some hard work to get there
- You don’t know where to start with your fat loss nutrition & training, and you want some guidance to get you started
- You understand that a fat loss jump start is unsustainable, but will take advantage of the fast fat loss to motivate yourself beyond
- You have been doing the Metabolic Effect Diet for a while, and are ready to take it to the next level
- You are interested in maybe pursuing a contest prep plan, and want to see what it’s like