By Tara Ballard
This is a workout I pulled from my archives this past week. I hope you enjoy! Remember – “push until you can’t, rest until you can” – Metabolic Effect style! As always, adjust weights/speed to your fitness level.
Warm-up as needed
Part 1 – Cardio:
Incline treadmill sprints:
- 15% incline
- 30 secs sprint; 45 secs rest
- Beginning speed: 7.0, bump it up by .1 with each successive sprint
- Complete 8 sprints – 10 minutes total
Part 2 – Legs:
Complete each of the following for 1 min (round 1), then 45 secs (round 2), then 30 secs each (round 3):
- Step-up / Squat, alternating legs – moderate to heavy dumbbells
- Single-leg squat (full pistol) – Right leg
- Single-leg squat (full pistol) – Left leg
- Weighted switch jumps – light to moderate dumbbells
Part 3 – Core
3 sets of the following circuit:
- 15 x hanging leg raises
- 15 x v-ups on bench – straight legs
- 15 x each side side Russian twist, feet elevated, moderate weight
Cool down as needed.
Including warm-up and cool-down, this should take 30 minutes or less.
Have fun! Ox Tara