What is it?
Over the last 3 months, my training has been a leeeeetle bit half-ass, partially a combination of being in Europe for 9 weeks, but also because I haven’t been super excited about my workouts.
So, in an effort to get more consistent and shoot some excitement into my training, I am inviting you to join me to complete twenty 20-minute workouts during the month of August.
That’s an average of 5 workouts a week. And to be sure I getting enough out of them, I decided to make them shorter, and more intense, thus the 20-minute rule. Leisure walking and lower intensity activities are fine to throw in here and there, but I want to ramp up my intensity, via both weights and cardio, and I want you to join me.
How do you get involved?
Click here to add yourself and you will then get FREE from me:
- A workout calendar for the month of August, with some flexibility so you can make it work for your schedule, but ultimately, the key is averaging 5 workouts a week consistently
- 8 full-length 20-min video workouts you can download: some will be for the gym and others for at home
- 6 cardio PDF 20-min workouts for you to mix-and-match as you wish
- A weekly coaching email with nutrition, training and mindset insights
- Participation on Instagram – this is an IG Challenge where I will be looking for your effort and interaction. This is how you and I will keep track of your 20 workouts throughout the month. See below for details on how to share.
- A chance to be featured on JillFit.com and the JillFit Facebook page. I will be choosing my favorite insights and shares on IG for recognition on the JillFit blog and screenshots for Facebook.
- Everyone who completes the 20 workouts (as verified by their IG shares) will be entered to win prizes, including gear, coaching and a year-long membership into the JillFit Total Training Experience.
- NOTE: You do not have to use my workouts in order to participate if you have ones you like better, but the key is that they need to be 20 minutes and intense.
How you share on IG:
I want to see your daily workouts. Your photo can be anything showing that, from a sweaty selfie to a photo of your gym to your chalked up hands to an Instaquote with an insight you gleaned from the workout. I also want you to describe the workout, what you did (doesn’t have to be super detailed) and how you felt in the description.
This will essentially act as an online training journal for you. THIS IS ALL ABOUT ACCOUNTABILITY. We get to keep one another accountable. There’s something about committing to something publicly and in a bigger way that puts us on the hook! And I love putting myself on the hook — it’s one of my main motivational/productivity strategies. So tell your friends and family you are doing this. Ask them to do it with you. Show up on Instagram every day excited to share your progress and your consistency. Be an example to those around you and who follow you.
See below for example photos.
Be featured with JillFit: In order to be considered for a JillFit feature, be sure to EXPLAIN as much as possible in your descriptions. What workout are you doing? What do you love about it? What’s difficult for you? How does it make you feel? What’s the insight there? How are you helping those following you on IG better better and feel more motivated.
In other words, you can write whatever you want, but if you just hashtag it #20×20 #day1 and write nothing else, you’re not really teaching or giving insight or sharing, and it won’t be featured.
How to #hashtag stuff: in the description of the photo, you need to hashtag both #20x20Challenge and #day1 (or whatever day # you are currently on) so I can keep track of all your participation. You will go all the way to #day20.
Some housekeeping: you cannot participate for the prizes without having an Instagram account. I am not going to be keeping track of workouts elsewhere. It’s free to set up an account and you can just create one for the challenge if you don’t want to do anything else. Be sure your account is set to Public and not Private/locked if you want me to see your workouts. I can’t see them otherwise. You can always make it private again after the challenge.