By Tara Ballard
I am always searching for new ways to prepare chicken. I came up with this Thai-inspired goodie on a recent trip. It’s quick, easy and most importantly, tasty!!
You can adjust most ingredients to your liking, but here is what I did:
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbs minced ginger
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium, organic chicken broth**
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk**
- 1 tbs unsweetened organic peanut butter
- a grind or two of sea salt
- Brown the chicken, mushrooms, onion, ginger and garlic in a large pan.
- Add the liquid ingredients and peanut butter, and simmer, covered, on medium for 15 minutes or so (or until the chicken is done).
- **You can add more or less of the liquid ingredients depending on how much additional “sauce” you want.
- Eat over broccoli and/or spinach. Makes 3 servings. Bon Appetit!
Hope you enjoy! Xoxo, Tara
Related: Recipe: Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf